Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Thing Leads To Another Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our daughter, Sarah-Star
asked me to get Libby Bray's book:
REBEL ANGELS
That led me off onto the sideroads
where I found
Libby Bray's PRINTZ acceptance speech
for the book HOLY COW
so when my writing prompt
from Judy Reeves' WRITERS BOOK OF DAYS
was: Write about passing time.
this morning
I wrote:
Listening to Libba Bray's acceptance speech
for HOLY COW
she bounced all over
her personal life timeline
and I realized how we don't
know the meaning
of many of the things
we experience on this earthwalk
Hearing Deborah Heligman talk
about her book CHARLES AND EMMA
where she says: who we marry
really matters, it shapes who we become
support each other in growing the way
you're spozed to grow
Who am I? What do I believe?
What's the meaning of life?
What's my place in it?
The answers come @ different
times in our life
framed by the people/characters
who surround us
& the scenery we find ourselves in
Different parts of our life can seem
like different lifetimes
It all gets jumbled up together
& each time we pick out a part of
our lives to look at it
we find it dripping with all of the
other ingredients we've thrown into
the soup pot
Each taste and flavor
is influenced by every other one
even if the cake falls
it can be torn into little bits & pieces
& blended in with colorful jello
and creamy whipped cream
& made into a new creation
as if that's what we originally intended
No eggs, with their golden yolks are lost
They are too valuable to waste
Instead we stir them into
innovative creations
that honor the value
of treasures worthwhile
allbeit in a fashion
we never dreamed before
Time passes & we are transformed
into being
exactly what we're spozed to be:
a hodge podge
quilt scrap
creation of memories
that reflect
and mirror back to us
fragments
bits and pieces
of who we're really meant to be


1 comment:

  1. What great imagery to describe relationships. Makes me wonder at the beautiful colors of my quilt and gives more room for self-forgiveness where I've taken weird turns in life.

    ReplyDelete