Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who is your chosen tribe?

I spoke to Josh's friends about the meaning of tribe
at his Contemporary Memorial Gathering.
His tribe meant so much to him!

Who is your chosen tribe?
The core group of individuals
who make up your community.
People you can count on
and who can depend on you.
"Generosity of spirit is a golden quality
affirming our commitment
to a way of walking in sacredness."

Breathe in deeply
-relax your body
-open your heart
-become aware of
how your feet
ground you to your earthwalk
and this world
-know that within
each one of you
is the spark of the Divine Spirit
that connects you in spirit
to all living beings,
to one another
and to Josh and all others
who have gone on before us
to pierce the veil between
this world and the next.
Some say that when we die
we walk the starry trail
of the Milky Way
to our heart's home.

I felt my hands fisted up
& my heart contracted
when we got back to the house
here on Fish River.
But when his friends Eli & Joe
played guitar & the drummer
drummed- my heart opened up
and my hands opened up
to receive
the blessings of the day.

At night when I cannot sleep,
I still hear Steve's fluting
& Josh's friends drumming
in the front yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment