Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Words I said @ Josh's Memorial Gathering

Joshua Scott Daniel-Walters
Born March 27, 1981
-Lived 29 years, 3 months, 4 days,
Died July 1, 2010
Written by his Mama Susan
on the 4th of July,
Independence Day, 2010
@ Turtle Beach:
Turtles crawl out of the wet waters of spirit
to lay eggs upon the sandy beaches of earth,
from these eggs their young ones
will be hatched into life.
29 years, 3 months & 4 days my baby son
Joshua Scott Daniel-Walters
lived here with us.
I remember the very first time I saw him
and his tiny, little baby fingers
grasped hold of my fingers
and my heart.
His hands grew big and broad like my Daddy's
and my mother's father's-
his great grandfather's hands.
His heart was gentle,
generous
and giving.
As a child he collected tiny little animals,
the kind you find in gift shops that come
attached to cards about the size
of postage stamps.
He cared deeply for the wee little ones.
Josh would always give anything he could
to someone in need.
[MUTANT MESSAGE DOWN UNDER
by Marlo Morgan]
We read stories together about
Australian aborigines who go on walkabouts.
He found spirit in the gulf
especially when it was churned up into wildness
in a storm.
I can remember driving him and his friends
to go surfing before school would start in the morning
in those years before he got his drivers license.
He loved music, it danced in his soul.
He made music when he played guitar,
beat his haertbeat onto drums,
or breathed his spirit into a flute
or didgeridoo.
I will hear his song whenever I hear the birds
sing the sun awake.
I will sense his spirit in those magical moments
of dusk that have that Maxfield Parrish
quality of light.
Not that any mother ever needs a reminder
to pray for her children,
but whenever I'd notice a digital clock
showing 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 or 5:55,
I'd stop and pray for Val and her husband Zach
and their 3 children- Eli, Lucas and Arianna.
I'd pray for Sarah-Star and her fiancee Al
and her soon to be family Addison
and their babies yet to be.
I'd pray for Josh, hoping he was safe and
happy wherever he was, wishing that one day
he would find a space to make a home
for himself.
Now I guess he's decided to do his walkabout
in the stars.
A lot of different cultures believe
when you leave this world
you walk the Milky Way as a road,
a river and a bridge between worlds.
Many Native Americans regard the Milky Way
as the path followed by the souls of the dead.
According to the Zulu
and other tribes of southern Africa,
the stars are the eyes of our dead ancestors,
keeping watch on the living below.
Josh walks this celestial path now.
Wherever he is I know he is walking his path
with heart.
I know whenever he needs strength
he'll remember the stories of hero's journeys
we read together.
I know some of the stories I read to him
will help him remember
to always keep LOVE in his heart,
to look for beauty in all creation,
and to be gentle,
kind,
and giving.
This may seem like THE END of one thing
but his stepdad Steve & I know for sure-
it is the beginning of something else . . .
We invite each one of you to explore
the . . .'s of infinite possibilities!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift for magical words that leave a reader mesmerized. Your tribute to Josh is a gift of memories and love that brings the joy you shared together to life for the reader. I am in awe of you my dear friend.

    Us always living love, laughter and light

    ReplyDelete