Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, January 3, 2011

PRELUDE: Card 0- Meditation: Quartz Crystal

Treasure Box Created by Sarah-Star and Al Weist
Oval Painting by Rosetta Miller

PRELUDE: Card O- Meditation : Quartz Crystal
AM I WILLING TO SIT QUIETLY
FOR A FEW MINUTES EACH DAY
TO LISTEN FOR DIVINE GUIDANCE?
Unless you become as a little child,
you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven.
In traditional tarot, the fool is
often assigned the number 0
and the major arcana cards
depict his/her journey to enlightenment.
In my CAYCE CARDS:
GYPSY-SPUN DELIGHT
the 0 card symbolizes meditation
and the cards I- XXIV
each represent a chapter
in Edgar Cayce's Search For God books.
My life direction is an ideal.
Am I making conscious choices?
I can set my ideal
in spiritual principles
so that I'll have a source
of inner direction
that is stronger
than any outside influence.
I can listen
to the ideas of others
but my decisions
are based upon
a standard
that comes from within.
My ideal can become
a measuring stick
by which I am able to determine
how I want to focus
my energy and attention
physically
mentally
and emotionally.
I can journal my experiments
and make notes
of my answers to questions
(inspired by Mark Thurston's companion
Experiment books that go along with
Cayce's SFG books).
0-1: What did I think
do
or experience this day
that I feel was especially valuable?
0-2: What people in my life
do I think the least of?
What parts of myself
do I think the least of?
(Write down names of people
and parts of myself.)
How can I work each day
to treat these people
and these parts of myself
as I would treat
God/ the Divine?
I will pray for these people
and parts of myself
each day.
0-3: What one attitude,
habit
or physical condition
do I feel may be
a hindrance
in my spiritual search?
I can eliminate it
using conscious effort
by deciding on
a constructive attitude
or way of behaving
that could replace
the hindering one.
I work each day
on manifesting
that replacement attitude
or behavior
my success in manifesting
my replacement attitude
or behavior.
0-4: What forms of prayer
did I practice today?
thanksgiving
confessional
petitioning
other
0-5: What aids for attunement
or approaches to preparation
did I choose
for my daily meditation time?
exercise
incense
music
method of cleansing
/abstinence from a particular activity
0-6: At the beginning of each meditation time
I say:
I AM AWARE THAT THERE IS
CONSCIOUSNESS WITHIN
EACH CELL OF MY BODY.
I INVITE MY BODY
TO JOIN MY MIND
AND MY SPIRIT
IN THIS TIME OF SEEKING.
0-7: I pray a Prayer of Protection like:
POWERS THAT BE,
AS I OPEN MYSELF
TO THE UNSEEN FORCES
THAT SURROUND THE THRONE OF
GRACE,
BEAUTY
AND MIGHT,
I ENFOLD MYSELF
IN THE PROTECTION FOUND
IN THE THOUGHT OF THE DIVINE.
(paraphrased from Reading 262-3)
0-8: I can write myself an invitation
to meditate:
I INVITE MYSELF TO MEDITATE
TIME_____________________
PLACE____________________
I can make myself a checklist
to show the times I accepted
my invitation to meditate:
Su___ Su___ Su___ Su___
M___ M___ M___ M___
Tu___ Tu___ Tu___ Tu___
W___ W___ W___ W___
Th___ Th___ Th___ Th___
F___ F___ F___ F___
Sa___ Sa___ Sa___ Sa___
(Keep a record of the first 28 times
you meditate.)


No comments:

Post a Comment