Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

PRELUDE: Card 0- Meditation: Quartz Crystal



[Written Thursday, January 6, 2011
Posted before & after midnite]
When I was a young child
I began collecting rocks
to be memory-reminders
of places I'd been,
experiences I shared with others,
stories I heard along my way
on my path with heart.
I think whenever anyone
creates "a bowl of my being"
putting trinkets
/talismans that have meaning for them
into a bowl of sand/dirt
they should include
@ least one rock
that has significance for them.
I intuitively chose quartz crystal
to symbolize MEDITATION
and was surprised to find
so many sources that mention
quartz in relationship with meditation.
Here are just a few I found:
Humans and quartz crystals
have a similar vibration.
This is why using crystal
to MEDITATE
and keeping a crystal
helps one to know oneself.
Quartz crystals are metaphysical aids
that help the user amplify the positive
and transmute negativity.
They can assist in MEDITATION,
healing and connection with both
higher self and the universe.
A crystal can bring balance,
help one center
and increase the flow of energy
through the physical and subtle bodies.
The quartz crystal symbolizes energy
and it helps people focus on a task.
When used as a MEDITATIVE device,
quartz is believed to help energize
and focus prayers/thoughts.
[e-how contributor: Caitlin Kelly]
e-how contributor: Patricia Resnik
says you can use clear quartz
as a battery
and as a "potentiator"
for other stones
~~~
A tool for MEDITATION
and contemplation
clear quartz can help harmonize
the mental energies
that provide knowledge
and peace of mind.
Quartz (clear)- can bring the energy
of the stars into the soul.
STOP!
Let's read that again-
Quartz (clear)- can bring the energy
of the stars into the soul.
That's sheer poetry.
And if you've ever felt reverence
and respect for the ancients
and the stories they created
to find meaning in the dance
the stars do across the night sky
-grab ahold of a quartz crystal
to use during MEDITATION.
I know I told you one way
to MEDITATE is to empty your hands
and leave them open so you will be
receptive to the gifts
spirit gives to you
but another way
to connect with spirit
is to hold a crystal in your hand,
state your intention
or affirmation
and be very quiet
and listen
for what spirit has to tell you.
Stephen Richards claims quartz crystal
is the master stone,
wonderful for MEDITATION,
it invokes high states of consciousness
and spiritual awareness
and encourages service to humanity.
Now here I wanna get up
on my Cayce soapbox
and tell you
it is my belief that
unless you apply spiritual principles
in the living of your daily life
spiritual principles are just
empty words of knowledge.
Ask yourself:
What can I say and do
to be of service to humanity
this day?
Now that's a MEDITATION
worth diving in to.
~~~
Quartz rock crystal
can both draw and send energy.
Powerful clear ones for MEDITATION,
sending and receiving guidance.
Quartz facilitates growth and awareness
and opens the spirit for MEDITATION
and spiritual development.
In her book GEMS AND CRYSTALS
HEALING FOR THE BEGINNERS
Kristina Arcati says:
I find clear quartz are very helpful
in MEDITATION.
It helps the mind to focus;
it helps dispel negatives.
Even though I started cleaning
our home Audubon Place South
on Fish River yesterday
I have yet to find the books on gemstones
I've collected over the years.
I may share quotes from them
when I find them to put my hands on them
and share them with you.
Until then-
I have 2 recently bought books
I can quote from.
They are both by Judy Hall.
In CRYSTAL HEALING she states:
Clear quartz crystal is truly
a holistic healer
uniting the physical body
with the mind,
emotions and spirit.
~~~
Edgar Cayce's repeated use
of the phrase Body, Mind and Spirit
is one of the things that hooked
my attention and drew me into
the many readings he did in his lifetime.
In times like these, with the media
telling me its interpretation of the world
and essentially telling me:
"It's all going to hell in a handbasket"
if I can hold a crystal
when I meditate
and focus my attention on
the Highest Good For All
I figure I'm doing my part
to lift us up to Higher Ground.
Judy Hall names clear quartz
as the most powerful
of the master healing stones
and goes on to say:
"This vibrational healer
is an exceptional conductor
and amplifier of energy
and simply holding a quartz crystal
doubles the biomagnetic sheath."
I, for one, think I need all the strength
I can get in my biomagnetic sheath
simply to do the tasks at hand.
In her section called
EFFECT ON THE MIND
she writes: Clear quartz can be used
to remove negative thought forms
from the mind.
Call me Pollyanna but I've spent
a lot of time in my life
trying to keep from singing
Woe is me! Poor Pitiful Pearl.
In EFFECT ON THE BODY Judy says:
Clear quartz crystals reach deep into
the body to cleanse the internal organs
and restore normal energy flow.
'Go with the flow!' has been
one of the mantras I've used
to walk my path with heart.
When she says in
EFFECT ON THE EMOTIONS
that "carrying a clear quartz
can promote serenity
but also gives additional energy
to face the cause of the stress"
it makes me wanna
stuff my pockets full
so I can sneak them into
the pockets of disgruntled
/grumpy/unhappy people
and offer them to the people
I see panicked because they lost
someone they love
or their job
or their house.
In EFFECTS ON THE SPIRIT
she says this crystal raises energy
to the highest possible level,
enabling a very clear manifestation
of spiritual energy
... it filters out distractions,
it is an extremely useful crystal
to hold during MEDITATION.
~~~
Okay, so maybe it is
just a symbol.
But if I hold onto this symbol
because I believe in the things
it is symbolizing,
aren't I helping to bring
the things it symbolizes
out into the Light of Day?
If seeing is believing for some people,
isn't it my response-ability
to show them something
worth looking at?
If we stopped focusing on
what's wrong, broken or needs fixing
all of the zillion people
we have on this earth
can take their energy back
and be the perfection
we're intended to be.
~~~
Quartz crystal can purify
and harmonize- with its beneficial
EFFECT ON THE ENVIRONMENT.
What if our POLITICIANS
were held responsible
for the effects they have
on our environment?
What if we held our own feet
to the fire
and asked OURSELVES:
Is what I am going to
think,
say
do
/buy/invest my time and energy into
beneficial to my environment?
In the second book I have in hand
THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CRYSTALS
Judy Hall waxes poetical again
when she tells us: "Native Americans
call quartz the brain cells
of Mother Earth."
In writing about various other
forms of quartz she tells us
SPIRIT QUARTZ
carries universal love
and heals the etheric blue print
and pinpoints significant
karmic connections
and the gift
or karmic justice in situations.
~~~
This is a map I want to follow.
~~~
When she writes about
the STAR HOLLANDITE QUARTZ
she says it brings
a depth to MEDITATION
that takes you into
THE ONENESS OF ALL THINGS.
Duh.
I see through the old adage:
Divide and conquer.
I want to feel connected
with others.
I know in my heart of hearts
when I do feel related, connected
I can truly live by the Golden Rule
and if we did that
we'd all be living heaven
right here on earth.
In Laura Tuan's CRYSTALS
DROPS OF COLORED LIGHT
FOR WELLNESS AND BALANCE
she writes about how quartz
has been used in different cultures
all over the world
for a long, long time.
Me?
I don't use crystals all the time.
Although a friend gave me
a beautiful rose quartz crystal
that had been given to her
upon her son's death
after my 29 year old son's death
in the summer of 2010.
I hold it sometimes when I meditate.
On Tuesday nights
passes around
a bowl of quartz crystals
for us to select one
to hold while we meditate.
I love the stories about crystals
and the way they feel in my hands.
They always give me
a good ju-ju feeling
and I like them because
they are gifts from Mother Earth.
I like the stories and pictures
of Tarot decks, too.
I can't think of the Fool
without seeing
Joanna Powell Colbert's rendition
with the Seeker beginning a journey.
You can see it @ www.GaianTarot.com
along with all of the other
beautiful paintings she made
for each card in her deck.
My CAYCE CARDS take you
on a different journey.
I ask you questions and,
in answering them,
you will be applying
spiritual principles
into your daily earthwalk.
I invite you to sit in meditation
with this first card's question:
AM I WILLING TO SIT QUIETLY
FOR A FEW MOMETS EACH DAY
TO LISTEN FOR DIVINE GUIDANCE?
Do it!
Do it now
and you will find
your own way
to your path with heart.
Once you find it
you will return
again and again
because it will nourish your
body,
mind
and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment