Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoughts Upon Awakening Sunday, January 2, 2011

Snow near Huntersville, North Carolina
Christmas Day 2010

THOUGHTS UPON AWAKENING
@ home
Audubon Place South
on Fish River
in LALALand
/Love Always Land
/Lower Alabama
WHY DO I MEDITATE?
I meditate to find
the voice of God in me.
Of course, as a Human
I can talk with God
a mile a minute.
I talk to God in prayer,
almost unceasingly
but in meditation
I bind up my mouth,
get real quiet,
put my soul in a receptive state
and listen.
I am not a force pushing outward
like a pioneer trying to explore
and find the outer edges
of my limits.
It is like the part of the ebb and flow
of water
when I stand or sit
at the water's edge on a beach
and let the waters of spirit
rhythmically rush in
to meet me.
For most of my life I am landlocked
but on special occasions
I dip my toes in water
or dive right in
and go swimming
in the waters of spirit.
In meditation and prayers
that are not me-me-me lists
of what I think I want
the veils between me
and the Divine disappear.
The energies that flow
through all living things
are met.
I feel my connections to all
in a holy, sacred space of Love.
All of my fences and defenses,
the things that keep me
feeling separate
from the Force Source
are swept away.
All the crap I've accumulated
is washed away
and I stand naked
in the truth of my being.
Unencumbered
it is easier for me to see and feel
the essential core of my being.
It is here I let go of my
shoulds
coulds
and woulds
and allow myself the bliss
of being here now.
The Grace of the Divine
pours into me like honey
and I am filled with light.
It can come to me
through my crown chakra
or my heart
or in my gut.
It is in meditation
I am blessed with feeling
connected to everything.
Thich Nhat Hanh taught me
about walking meditation.
The Native Americans told me
to walk a mile in another's shoes
to end conflict
and better understand him/her.
In nature,
with nothing man or woman-made,
it is easier to feel what is me
or see how the differences
between me and others
are dissolved in the
Cosmic Ocean of all that is.
In my life I have been blessed
with many aha! experiences.
I remember the first time
I ever saw a picture
of the earth from outer space.
There were no lines drawn
separating countries or states.
It was a beautiful ball
covered with water and land,
perfect like only
a child's drawing
or the painting of an artist
can be.
In meditation I get to
breathe in spirit
and become mindful of
what I breathe out into the world.
In meditation my little self
surrenders to a Bigger Self
and I am lifted to Higher Ground.
I remember hiking with
a bunch of women
to the top of a mountain
in the Adirondacks
where I could see
only what was natural-
trees,
rocks,
dirt,
water,
sky,
birds.
There was no evidence
of anything human
and in that sacred space
I felt honor bound
to live in ways
that did not mar
or mess up
that beauty.
In meditation I find
sacred spaces
where I feel connected
to the ley lines of the earth
and I better grok/understand
my response-ability in weaving
the threads I've been
given to weave into the design,
blended in perfect harmony
with the music of the spheres.
In meditation my song becomes
the song of a bird way up high
rising above all of this
to soar in the skies above.
I become the earthworm dancing
in the earthy-earth.
In meditation my
body,
mind
and spirit
become aligned with the stars.
I get right on with
the steps I am to take
as my part of
the dance of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment