Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PRELUDE: Why Do I Meditate? CONTINUED




I enter the silence
to study the forces
through meditation
and introspection
to bring my spirituality
into the experiences of my life.
In meditation
"as I open myself to the unseen forces
that surround the throne of
grace
beauty
and might
within me
I throw around me
the protection that is found in
the thought of the Divine"
/the Christ
/god/Goddess
/whomever is my Ideal.
It is when I hold right ideals
that my problems are solved
and my stumbling blocks
become stepping-stones.
As I enter in
I must have spiritual intent and purpose
a true desire to seek Spirit's will, not mine.
I let my highest principles of love
be my guide when I form my ideal,
my image, that which I raise within.
I breathe in 3X through my right nostril,
and exhale 3X through my mouth.
I breathe in 3X through my left nostril,
and exhale through my right nostril.
[When I am going to meditate
with my Love & Light Lady friends
we chant:
ah
ree
ohm
3X.]
Then either with the aid of music
or an incantation
or repeating an affirmation 3X
which carries me deeper into a sense
of oneness with the creative forces of love
I enter into the Holy of Holies.
I see through my inner eye
that which will bring me
greater understanding
in meeting every condition
I experience in my body.
I lsiten to the music that is made
as each chakra center of my body
responds to the new Creative Force
that is flowing through me.
Little by little
meditation will enable me
to renew myself
physically
mentally
and spiritually.
[When I am alone
especially when I travel
I often do Peter Van Daam's
EXERCISES:
WESTERN YOGA FOR ALL
based on Edgar Cayce's readings
- you can purchase this DVD
from the ARE Bookstore
1- Twist
2- Tilt
3- Forward & back
4- Shoulder rotation
5- Arm rotation
6- Leg rotation
JANGLE
7- Knee bends on toes
8- Hip rotation
ONE-LEGGED JANGLE
9- Touching Toes
JANGLE
10- Flat-footed squat
11- Crossover
12- Spleen/liver press
JANGLE
13- Head & neck exercises
14- Alternate breathing
prior to meditation
[When I am with the
Love & Light Ladies
we start out with
my friend Elgia Bickford
leading us through
the following
18 FORM QUI GONG:
1- Up Down
2- Expand The Breath
3- Paint The Rainbow
4- Part The Clouds
5- Circling Arms
6- Row The Boat
7- Catch The Ball
8- Shoot The Moon
9- Push Palm
10- Cloud Hands
11- Fly Like A Dove
12- Push Fist
13- Fly Like A Phoenix
14- Turning Wheels
15- Scoop The Sea
16- Push The Waves
17- Bounce The Ball
18- Smooth It Down]
I was in a bookclub
with 2 other friends
and we read the book:
YOUR HANDS CAN HEAL YOU
about prana
by Stephen Co
& Eric B. Robins
ISBN: 9780743243056
& it has exercises very similar
to Peter's Cayce ones.
The only good exercises
are the ones you choose to do.
It can be anything
from Gabrielle Roth's
5 Rhythms
flowing
staccato
chaos
lyrical
stillness
to Tai Chi.
Years ago I read
THE WEB THAT HAS NO WEAVER
by Ted Kaptchuk.
ISBN: 9780809228408.
Since then I've read
Donna Eden's
ENERGY MEDICINE
ISBN: 9781585426598
ENERGY MEDICINE FOR WOMEN
ISBN: 9781585426478
and taken courses
like THE LIFELINE TECHNIQUE
from the barefoot doctor
Dr Darren Weissman
and Body Talk I & II
with Todd Adkins
There's something
in this energy medicine
and the human body
that intrigues me.
I've read literally
thousands of books,
most of them on topics
of metaphysical interest.
My all time #1 book is
THERE IS A RIVER:
THE STORY OF EDGAR CAYCE
by Thomas Sugrue
ISBN: 9780876044483
I also like:
Kim Antieau's
CHURCH OF THE OLD MERMAIDS
ISBN: 9781440452246
SOPHIE'S WORLD:
A NOVEL ABOUT THE HISTORY
OF PHILOSOPHY
ISBN: 9780374530716
I've read everything written
by New Zealander
Barry Brailsford
& Canadian Charles deLint
& all of Russian Vladimir Megre's
ANASTASIA books
This list could go on & on
but then I wouldn't get any
reading done for my
Page & Palette Book Club book:
Abraham Verghese's
CUTTING FOR STONE
ISBN: 9780375714368
tonite.
*PLEASE POST A COMMENT
& LIST SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS.
There are websites
I'm attracted to.
Some that come to me
right off the top of my head are:
Kala Ambrose's
Caroline Myss'
SARK's
Luciano Passuello's
John & Patrice Robson's
Tony Burroughs'
& Richard Blackstone's
THE INTENDERS OF THE HIGHEST GOOD
I am sure you have sites that are meaningful for you.
Please post a comment and share your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment