Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Spark! Day 15

Day 15
1~ What is "slowing my stride" that I'm ready to get rid of
is the feeling that what I draw or paint is not as good as
what someone else draws/paints.
2~ My commit art focus is what in  my colorful clothes/the way I dress
can be painted onto my art journal pages?
3~ My experience of making art yesterday was ecstatic,
first I was inspired by Danna Clare's paintings,
then I was brave enough to take a vision of 2 different eyes from meditation
and paint them onto my art journal page.
~~~
Today I painted my art journal pages to represent the  pastel
lavender, pink, apricot, blue, yellow and green patches
on the patchwork skirt I wore today
and then I scribed Richard Rohr quotes in the patches:

~ "One great idea of the biblical revelation is that God is manifested in the ordinary,
in the actual, in the daily, in the now, in the concrete incarnation of life,
and not through purity codes and moral achievement contests,
which are seldom achieved anyway...
We do not think ourselves into new ways of living,
we live ourselves into new ways of thinking...
The most courageous thing we will ever do
is to bear humbly the mystery of our own reality."

~ "Most of us were taught that God would love us
if and when we change.
In fact, God loves you so that you can change.
What empowers change, what makes you desirous of change
is the experience of love.
It is that inherent experience of love
that becomes the engine of change."

~ "Faith does not need to push the river
because faith is able to trust that there is a river.
The river is flowing.
We are in it."

~ "In solitude, at last, we are able to let God define us
the way we are supposed to be defined~ by relationship:
the I~thou relationship,
in relation to a Presence that demands nothing of us
but presence itself.
Not performance but presence."

~ "When you get your 'Who am I?' question right,
all of your 'What should I do?' questions
tend to take care of themselves."

~ "Life is not a matter of creating a special name for ourselves,
but of uncovering the name we have always had."

~ "Faith is not for overcoming obstacles;
it is for experiencing them~
all the way through."

~"There is nothing to prove and nothing to protect.
I am who I am and it's enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment