Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Journal September 27 2009 Sunday

Gratitude And Ponderings And Wanderings
A Walk To The River In My Back Yard

1- There are few things I in-joy
more than
hearing the birds sing the sun awake
in the morning
or walking down
to our floating platform
on the river









2- the trees and bushes
create a tunnel
for the path
i am to walk down








3- i pause to look
at the house
with its many faces
of color
blue with yellow trim
peach with turquoise
i delight in the different
combinations of caribbean colors
that paint its different sides/faces
it is a good dwelling place
to come home to









4- the sun shines
through the green
to light the path
i am to walk on








every corner i turn
brings new delights









5- when i look up
soaring pine trees
point like fingers
to Grandfather Sky
Father God
the powers of creation
that designed this world
and set it in motion





6- each twist and turn in the path
reveals a new vista
with its tunneled path
beckoning me
come
come to the river








7- i miss the bamboo
blown away
by some hurricane
/another









8- and still the path
whispers
there's water further on


























9- i come to the old rickety
part of the walkway
we took years to build
using delapidated piers
from Dauphin Island









10- I step onto it
remembering its purpose
to give us walkway
over the marshy bog
that covers much of our land
(the part down by the river)










11- the rustic walkway
could be a picture postcard

12- but there came a time
when we realized
we would be old
and have walkers/wheelchairs
before we could finish it
at the rate we were going








13- i step up from
the old rickety part
we built
onto the raised walkway
we hired 2 youths
to build for us










14- this new, raised part
of the walkway
is easier to navigate
and still the path
urges me on
i wonder what
i will see when i follow
its next turn?









15- turning a corner
i can see
the navigation ditch
and a path
that runs straight
far, far into
the marshy bog
i know it's
a long haul
but i can
sense it
will be worth
the travel when
i reach the
end of this
wonder path










16- along the way
i try to capture pictures
of the yellow wildflowers
that grow here
near the path








17- each simple yellow flower
is exquisite in its beauty









18- after a long straight stretch
with another turn
if i look toward the path's end
i can see the sparkle
of the river's water








19- anticipation
and excitement
and expectation
build up
as i pass
through places
where the green
frames the water
like some precious
/priceless painting
in an art gallery
/museum










20- who would think
this rustic huck finn
raft tied to barrels
so it will float
could be so sacred
as to provide sanctuary?
a simple place
where one can be in spirit
uplifted and fulfilled
with the Divine
water, water everywhere
the ripples dancing
in the breeze










21- i can see swan island
a place i can canoe
or swim to









a thin finger of land
separates our body of water
from the main river
with its hoopla
of loud, noisy jet skiers








22- white flowers fill the bushes
that hide us from our neighbors
the water still connects us








ah! our Lady of the water
twinkling like diamonds
in the bright sun's light









if you look closely
on the bottom section
of my backpack
you can see a dragonfly
one always flits
and flutters
and lands on the end of
my bamboo stick
that i use to gently
push aside spider webs
on my walk down to the river









23- yellow flowers (goldenrod)
add their splash of glowing color
to the white and green









24- simple white flowers
with their sunshine yellow centers
grow in profusion
like everyday, ordinary people
(honey bees like these flowers best)







25- i wade into
the mucky bottomed water
at the bank's edge
camera in hand
to try and capture
in a photo
the bright royal red
of an Indian Paintbrush
flower
26- when i go to put the camera
up on the floating raft
i see a bug
with
iridescent
sparkles
in his wings
walking in circles
on the wooden plank
27- his eyes
poke out
like black globes
/worlds
i wonder
what
he
sees?
28- i swim out into the water
and float
in that world famous
davinci pose
my arms and legs
posed in the water
my face
kissed by the sun
29- when i walk back
homeward bound
it is dark
i notice the moon
has drifted her sassy self south
and doesn't shine directly
over my path
even so
her milky white light
shines to show me
how to wind my way home
30- oh the blessings of this day
fill me to the brim
and overflowing
with joyous delight
31- i delight in sharing
my walk down to the river
with you
32- i wish everyone
in the whole, wide world
had a path
in nature
like this one
that could lead them
to sanctuary
bon secour
/safe harbor
33- goodnite!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. After what I have been going through with Lucas and his accident I really needed to be reminded how peaceful home can be. It brought tears to my eyes taking the walk with you. I really miss home, which despite how little time I actually spent there growing up and the horrible attitude that I projected to everyone growing up, I consider that house home. It has always, and will always hold a very special place in my heart, with many wonderful memories. I hope that someday I can bring my family down there and share some of my memories with them because I have some wonderful ones. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete