Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, July 31, 2016

January 19, 2016 THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE WAY SHE MOVES

Delete

There's something in the way she moves...
has been floating around in my head
so imagine my surprise when this morning in belly dance class
my teacher says:
To make snake arms
Pretend you are standing in a doorway
Hold paintbrushes in both your hands
Gracefully paint up one side
Gracefully paint down the other side of the doorframe
~
Here I stand in this portal's frame
I undulate my masculine and Feminine essence up and down the edges
as we await entering into Our Great Mother's KINdom
Here I pause
connecting with the shining jewels each one of you brings to offer her
What snake wisdom can I feel
in dancing my arms thisaway?
Why would anyone hold snakes and dance?
When I move snakelike belly to the ground
what earth wisdom do I receive?
All of my
Life has been about
delving deep
and being grounded here
Now at the portal doors
I fling my arms skyward
and ask:
What is it the Lady wants me to bring down to earth?
I bow at the doorway
touch my forehead to the ground
and beg entrance
I rise up dancing
I raise my trembling arms
and ask to be allowed time
to spend with her
in the rarefied air
that she has perfumed
with her flowers
I stompdance in the dirt outside her doorway
and await her invitation
to enter in
and dance with her in air
I gyrate my hips
so my hipscarf coins jingle
I place my hands in ways
that will be pleasing to her eyes
when she looks at me
I place my feet in beauty ways
that show I am willing
to surrender and gift all of me
to her in her sacred dance...
~~~
There's something in the way she moves
attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos
~~~
I don't wanna let her down
~~~
Something in the way she moves
or looks my way
or calls my name
She always comes and seems to help me
change my mind
And I feel fine anytime she's around me
She's around me almost all the time
And if I'm well you can tell she'a been with me
She's been with me now quite a long, long time
and I feel fine
Every now and then the things I lean on
lose their meaning
and I find myself careening
in the places where I should not let me go.
She has the power to go where no one else can find me
and to silently remind me
of the happiness
and the good times that I know
She says words mostly just to calm me down.
~~~
Something in the way she moves words
stir and mix together inside my body
and I begin to move in ways I hope
she will find pleasing
I lose myself
I find myself
in Her.
~~~
I don't want to leave her now
You know how I believe and how
Something in the way she knows
~~~
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me
I don't want to leave her now
~~~
How come I can be strong in what I stand up for
and yet so weak in the things I reach for?
~~~
I stand here in the doorway
learning how to dance snake arms
reaching my arms toward her...
~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment